Quick TABS to Joyful Stuff

Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Husband Hung My Paintings on the Wall

Look what my husband did while I was out.
I have been painting in our large front foyer, where the light is usually good because of those high windows you see here. I have had quilts hanging on the wall for many years. I have a lot of quilts and so I change them up for the seasons and holidays. You can see a few hanging just behind my easel still.

But he took down a full size quilt that hung on the entire wall, and put up the first five of my series paintings. He did it straight and everything! I'm not sure I LIKE the idea of my artwork hanging there. In fact as you can see just to the right of my 5 beginner projects hangs my original Bob Ross painting. That's almost poetic.  I know they don't belong with the likes of his, but the DO BELONG because that's what he wanted.  It's just different when it's mine.

It is not yet known whether or not that painting by Bob Ross came from one of his PBS Joy of Painting shows, or somewhere else. I'll find out I guess some day, but if any of you know, please don't hesitate to tell me. I would be thrilled to find be able to watch him paint the painting that I actually have hanging on my wall!

Ok well it's Saturday and I watched Bob Ross and the Joy of Painting on television this morning and I was all ready to paint. . . until the kids got up, and after that, MiMi, and NOW it's too late because the Phoenix Suns are playing the Portland Trailblazers in about 30 minutes. Game 3 of the NBA Playoffs and we are currently tied. But not for long . . GO SUNS!

Share the Joy, Kay

PS:  How many of you think I wrote that headline just so the search engines could see "husband" and "hung" in the same sentence. He'd get a real kick out of it. Too bad he doesn't read my blog! If you know him. Tell him you searched Kay Zahn, Husband, and Hung, and his name came up. . . OMG as I typed that I see another joke that he'd deliver if you said that. But I'll leave that to your own interpretation.

5 comments:

natalee said...

What a great guy!!!! That trulys shows how supportive he is of you.... LOL!!! I cant tell my husband about the hung thing hell want me to do that on my blog!!! LOL!!!

Kel said...

LOL!!! You are too funny. That was very sweet of your husband. I love when I see husband take an interest in things that are important to their wives. You are a lucky lady! Enjoy the game!

Ayelet said...

Sweet.

karylsquilts said...

hey there,
Very nice hubby to hang those pics for you !

LOLLL !!! and for the record I did the hubby/hung search : you are there !


http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=husband+hung+blog&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=cd8e059a5e7b7c6

Kay Zahn said...

OMG Karyl . . I just showed Jim. He does get a kick out of it. I'm not sure if he understands why I write things like that ;) but he doesn't care, he loves me.

Where I buy my canvas supplies

Click Here to Visit the Official Web Site of Jerry's Artarama. Online Leader in Art Supplies and Discount Art Supplies online