Quick TABS to Joyful Stuff

Friday, March 19, 2010

Bob Ross was in my DVD, but I watched Julie/Julia on ITunes.

Having never seen the movie, nor the book, I decided to watch "Julie & Julia" while dad took the kids skiing. Spring break in the Arizona mountains is sometimes a good time for that. I sat down with my laptop and went to play the DVD of Series 2, Episode 5, but for some reason went to ITunes first.  Maybe I was thinking music and a little light surfing (yea, that will help get work done)!

Anyway, I had forgotten that I downloaded "Julie & Julia" some time ago and found this afternoon to be the perfect time to watch.  I can't believe I had not seen that earlier.  I feel so connected to them.  Like "Bob & Kay, Julie & Julia" and my head is full of stupid little things that make it ironic that I REALLY DID decide to do this thing.  This Julie/Julia project with Bob Ross and The Joy of Painting.  Which is a great phrase by the way.  Well as far as search engines go anyway.

You see in addition to all of the watching and painting and editing and uploading and blogging I've been doing, I've been really updating my knowledge of how to publicize a web site.  How to win friends and influence Google.  How to make everyone you know, go tell their friends to come and watch my videos and visit the blog.  What a world.  What a time to live in it.

25 or so years ago, Bob Ross was producing a television show.  I was just getting inside my first computer and shortly thereafter got my first internet connection (installed from a 5 1/4" floppy disk via a dos prompt of course) before even Windows.  Who'd have thunk that . .  HEY my spell checker didn't mind "thunk" at all . . that I would be sitting here, basking in the pseudo reality of the world of Julia Child, and Bob Ross, the blogosphere and the Googleverse and me sitting here talking to you.  Just like Julie did in 2002.  Oh GOD is it 2010 already?

The last 10 years have been nothing short of a roller coaster for me.  If you've read my website then you know . . . but I feel like I'm connecting again.  I mean literally in 6 months I've discovered Bob Ross, FaceBook, Blogging, and a bunch of OLD and NEW friends I didn't realize I needed so much.

I am really looking forward to the rest of my life.  Not that I wasn't before, but for some reason it feels different now.  I'd better publish this quickly before I read and edit it to death, and the kids come home.  There is a beef roast (potatoes and carrots, snap peas and home baked bread too) in the crockpot.  I didn't ONLY watch movies today.  I did do a few things.  It's 4:20 and I feel good about the day.

Tonight might be better.  I have a husband JUST like the Julie and Julia had.  If you've seen the movie then you know what I mean ;) Now as far as Bob Ross's love life  . . I can't imagine.  I'm not sure I really want to go there anyway.  So I won't.

But I got a feelin' . . that tonight's gonna be a good night  . . .that tonight's gonna be a good good night. . .

Share the Joy.

Kay

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love "The joy of Painting" by Bob Ross. I have tried painting with acrylics but much prefer painting with oils. I love this website. Keep up all the communications regarding our love of art!

Where I buy my canvas supplies

Click Here to Visit the Official Web Site of Jerry's Artarama. Online Leader in Art Supplies and Discount Art Supplies online